In 2019 Scott Lankton moved his home and studio from his long time base in Ann Arbor, MI to Cedar, Michigan near Traverse City and Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Park in order to be closer to nature. He is now only accepting work on a limited basis as he completes the building of his new studio and home.
Lankton Metal Design, founded by Scott M. Lankton in 1979, is a full service ornamental metalworking studio specializing in designing and producing high quality forged custom and one of a kind metalwork. From small jobs to large building projects spanning several years, we have the experience to do the job right. Quality and craftsmanship are paramount. Good design goes hand in hand with good execution. High quality materials and careful installation make a piece from Lankton Metal Design an integral part of your home or office, and our goal is to exceed all your metalworking needs.
Steel, iron, stainless steel, copper, brass, bronze, and silver are the primary metals utilized. Types of work available are quite varied but our specialty has become the decorative arts including;
- circular, curved, and straight stair and balcony railings/balustrades, interior and exterior
- gates for entryways, gardens, and driveways
- furniture, coffee tables, end tables, dinning tables, console tables with mirrors, benches
- custom kitchen hoods in copper and other materials
- Fireplace screens, tools and accessories
- lighting fixtures, sconces, chandeliers, lanterns
- sculpture for interior and exterior sites
- kitchen pot and pan racks with fanciful birds, leaves and animals, kitchen and grille tools
- wine cellar doors and accessories
- restoration on quality work from the past
- special projects
Scott Lankton, as the chief designer and blacksmith is involved in every aspect of your project be it large or small. With over fourty years experience doing custom artistic blacksmithing and metalwork, Scott is prepared to execute your job in the best way possible. He was trained in this country as a jeweler and in Germany as an artistic blacksmith. Now he primarily makes jewelry for houses. Work done has spanned the design spectrum from traditional French and German styles, to Art Deco, Art Nouveau, and contemporary designs. Nature motifs and lots of texture have become a specialty.
Located at 5975 S. Lime Lake Rd. in Cedar, Michigan 49621 we are open to the public by appointment, please call ahead so we can serve you better. Thank you.